Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Outside my cubicle

My current job is mostly involved in working at a computer in a small room that I call my "cubicle". Thus my interaction with other is limited.

But I am also paid 1/4 time to help in the maintenance area of the camp usually painting. It is fun to get out of my space and be able to do some manual labor. Usually I continue to do this work by myself. This week however I have been working with two of the new interns. It is interesting to to see what happens when you get outside your cubicle.

Paul and Nick have been working with us for only a couple of weeks. So we a still getting to know them and their reaction to our community. Today I had a couple of good "outside the cubicle" interactions:

First, They both are new Christians and they are verbal and enthusiastic about their relationship with Jesus Christ. THEY ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THE SONGS ON K-LOVE WHILE THEY ARE PLAYING. They would react to a song in a variety of ways (albeit not with great singing) from "thank you Jesus" "Halleluia" "That sure is true in my life" ...

These songs and the messages they vocalize were not "old hat" or just background noise to them as we were working. I found myself reacting differently as well.

Second, Later in the day, after thinking through this reaction to working with them I was doning the "I wish I was a new Christian like them." Everything is so new.

But within a little bit something happened while we were working and they got upset with each other and we had to take a break.

We are still humans involved in this Christian walk. Young, Old (chappie)Christians acting and reacting to our world around us. Learning and teaching others as we continue to share our lives with others.

Life can be interesting if you just get outside the cubicle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home