Saturday, November 11, 2006

Life in small circles

Just when you think life is going forward in a pretty straight line something happens that circles everything back around again.

This week I had two specific circular deviations from the path: Thursday night the Gray's Anatomy episode had a story line about a young couple that come to the hospital when the pregnant wife falls and breaks her arm. After examination the doctor leaves the room and in the next scene says to another doctor as she is looking at the loving couple: "One moment they are such a happy couple and now I have to go in and tell them their baby is dead!" The circle of thoughts brought me back to our watching what Tim & Amy had to deal with Lucy. How quickly life changes from one moment to the next!

Then part of my job is to keep track of gifts that come into the camp in memory of loved ones. This week a gift came in and and it is wasn't easy to do the easy steps of setting up a memorial for "Lucy Marie Porter!!!" There in computer black and white I was setting up a memorial for MY OWN GRANDDAUGHTER! Something was very wrong with the picture.

Life isn't as linear as I think or might want at times. However we can't stay in the same small circle without growth. As the circles extent out and change, we can still come around again to the bad AND good moments that make up our lives and who we are.

Tim & Amy are not the same without Lucy! Bev & I are not the same! Our circles of life have changed. Where will our circles take us now?

2 Comments:

At 2:18 AM , Blogger Nick Chapman said...

Michael told me about the Memorial fund, I think it's cool.

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Sherry said...

Hi Wayne, I found you through Amy's blog. I'm a faithful reader but not a faithful commenter. When we saw that Grey's episode I couldn't help but wonder how close that was to your experience.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home